The Problem Solvers surveyed Jericho Middle School about 3 types of food categories (Pizza, Sushi, and Dessert). We tasted the 2 most popular in each category as Jericho’s very own food critics.
Pizza (Blaze’s Meat Eaters Pie or Simple Cheese Pie?)
Meat Eaters Pie
And the winner is... Blaze's Meat Eater's Pie!
Sushi - Ruby Sushi or Sawa Sushi?
Salmon Avocado Roll
Salmon Avocado Roll
Dessert- Acai Bowls or Carvel Flying Saucers?
Carvel Flying Saucers (chocolate cookie with vanilla/chocolate ice cream)
And the winner is... Carvel Flying Saucers!
By Amy Y.
Chongqing noodle includes Chongqing noodles and meat noodles such as beef, broth, and pea miscellaneous noodles. The Chongqing small noodles can be customized to your liking. At the noodle shop, you can ask the store to make personal custom tastes, such as asking the store to "dry up" (mixed noodles), "pick up yellow" (hard side), add "green" (more vegetables), " Heavy spicy "(more oil spicy) and so on.
Seasoning is the soul of Chongqing small noddle. A bowl of noodles is tasted with seasoning. Adjust the seasoning first and then add cooked noodles. Spicy and non-stimulating, smooth noodle chewy, rich aroma and rich flavor.
The small noodle is a traditional pasta commonly accepted by the Chongqing citizens of the Southerners. Because of its unique texture, it is famous for its spicy flavor. It has been known in China during recent years.
1. After the pork is washed and peeled, the lean meat is cut into small pieces.
2. Add pepper into a hot pot, let cool and roll into a pepper noodle.
3. Add cooked peanuts, peeled and chopped.
4. Add mustard minced.
5. Add onion and ½ the ginger slices. Garlic and 5 g of ginger are added to the garlic mash and crushed. Put a little cold water in the ginger garlic, and stir.
6. Heat the pan and add the lard. Add the fat meat and sesame oil.
7. Add lean meat and fry until it is discolored and cook into rice wine.
8. Add green onions and the remaining 5 grams of ginger, pixian bean paste, sweet bean paste.
A small fire scoops up the water vapor of the pellets to dry out, and puts in the broken rice sprouts.
9. Set aside and place in bowl.
10. Add a sufficient amount of water to the pot and boil it. Add the cabbage until it is hot until it is discolored and then remove it in cold water. After squeezing out the water, cut the sesame oil and mix it evenly
11. After the water in the pot is boiled again, add noodles and cook.
12. In each bowl (5 bowls), first put a suitable amount of boiled stock or noodle soup, and then add soy sauce, salt, monosodium glutamate, and ginger garlic water. Then add sesame paste. Add chili oil and stir well to finish.
13. Drain the cooked noodles into a bowl.
14. Add appropriate amount of pepper noodles and meat dumplings. Then add cabbage, ground peanuts, mustard, and sprinkle green onion.
By Nick C. and Sam G.
Chipotle was founded by Steve Ells on July 13, 1993. The company uses healthy ingredients with low calories and they don't put MSG in their foods. Steve Ells opened the restaurant to see if Americans would eat Mexican food and to make people eat healthier but still enjoy the food.
In 1998, the first restaurant opened in Kansas City, Missouri. To fund more growth, Ells’ father invested $1.5 million. In a list of fastest growing restaurant chains in 2009, Chipotle was ranked 8th. Ells’ original goal was to sell at least 107 burritos per day. Today Chipotle sells approximately 1000 burritos a day. Do you like Chipotle?
By Tarra K. & Samantha R.
Have you ever tasted an avocado? These 8 facts will convince you it is worth a try!
By Amy Y.
China is an ancient country. It is known not only for its ancient history and its splendid culture; it also has delicious food.
Beijing roast duck (Peking duck) is a famous dish in Beijing with a world reputation. It originated in the southern and northern dynasties of China.
1. Open a hole in the bottom of the wing of the duck, remove the intestine, Wash and mix the scallions, sweet bean sauce and cucumber into the duck cavity.
2. Use three-inch long wooden strips to incorporate into the duck cavity, block the two wing bones, insert a tube at the head of the duck, and blow air into the duck.
3. Drizzle the duck skin with water, salt and wine. Cook and soak the duck skin, and dry it.
4. Use a fork to hold the duck and put it on the stove. Sautee it over and over and over again until it is crispy and golden red on the dish.
5. If roasting in the oven, the duck shall be wrapped in tin foil and roasted until it matures. After removing the tin foil and roasting until the duck skin is golden yellow, the duck skin is drizzled with oil.
6. Serve hot duck with the skin on, accompanied by Beijing onion, cucumber, sweet bean sauce and Mandarin pancake.